Rural Fiber Distribution Design
Conexon’s Distribution Design technology is fully customizable to meet our clients’ needs for today and the future.
The challenge of designing a fiber network can be daunting for even the most progressive electric cooperative. From time-consuming ride-outs to determinine infrastructure viability and manually mapping fiber routes, to ultimately designing a piecemeal network and hoping for high adoption, the process is often slow, inefficient and expensive.
Conexon offers the solution to that challenge with its Rural Fiber Distribution Design Platform. This unmatched and completely customizable technology enables Conexon to design your fiber network faster, more efficiently and more accurately. It positions your co-op to turn up today’s fiber customers more quickly and more easily accommodate future growth.
Design your network in minutes!
Conexon has the fastest, most efficient platform that revolutionizes fiber design in three specific ways:
• It creates design map data in minutes rather than the normal days or weeks it can take using traditional manual design.
• It uses a custom fiber design algorithm that eliminates the potential human error intrinsic in manual design and ensures the most optimal use of cable and equipment through maximized light calculations on any electric network.
• It designs an entire electrical distribution line on a single run, which allows the co-ops to build out faster and consequently experience a higher uptake.
Figure 1. (Right Diagram) OEC FTTH Design, 2018
Conexon basically auto-designed our entire system in 3 days.
This allows us to now very quickly deploy wherever we want because we’ve eliminated that step. The benefits of the auto-design – saving us time, energy and effort – makes us go so much faster now.”
The type of system, the Distributed TAP, is about the only way we felt we could go in a rural area like ours
… Quite honestly it was something I wasn’t even aware of, but once I got my head around it, it made a lot of sense. As far as being cost-effective, it’s worked really well, when you consider the price of TAPS versus running more fiber. It’s worked extremely well.
• Cost-savings: our custom software evaluates the electric network for the least-cost path of strung fiber.
• Comprehensive evaluation: our technology evaluates every possible combination of fiber use to every customer in a given substation/feeder network, regardless of the network size and pattern.
• Customizable: our design approach is entirely customizable taking into account parameters your team prefers to use for network design.
The Conexon Difference
(Manual Design vs Platform Design)
• The software retains 100 percent of all automatic decisions that the algorithm makes during the design process and stores them in a database.
• This approach is more accurate than a manual design process where the decision to allocate a piece of fiber or equipment at a given location is prone to human error. It is also different from other proprietary software where data are not fully stored.
• Since our software is so fast, we have the ability to run scenarios several times to determine what might be the best outcome for our clients. With other approaches, this step normally takes months to accomplish, with too many versions for a team to manage.
• The variables we build in allow us to build in extra capacity and tune the model for growth; which in turn allows you to be prepared for growth such as new subdivisions or businesses.
Figure 2. (Left Diagram) CVEC FTTH Design, 2018